13.3.10

MUSIC: In My City by Aero


For my first post, I find it fitting to feature Aero, a local rapper based in Bacolod City, my hometown. He not only epitomizes an indie Pinoy artist, he also paid homage to the City of Smiles, a sugar bowl of creative geniuses (eg. me).


Directed by my high school classmate, Ryan Saez, the video takes you on a tour of Bacolod City featuring famous places like Manokan Country, the Capitol Lagoon and the new City Hall. Aero also got a few local personalities like City Mayor Bing Leonardia and the long-haired Peque Gallaga to do a cameo in the video. 


Unlike other regional songs, In My City is sung rapped in English. Aero mentioned the city's zip code and area code, the people's accent and how to properly eat a chicken inasal - the city's most famous delicacy. It basically is your guide to my beloved Bacolod City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free your mind... appropriately. Thank you.